Saturday, November 14, 2009

Snow has started falling... I love this time of year... the air has a certain smell in it... it's clean feeling and it's all white. I hate the roads however, and this year it is starting early... I have to drive through the Canyon every day to and from work and even though it is still quite early in the season I found myself driving 40 miles an hour the whole way down... too many head on collisions with the curb after sliding on ice I think. Anyways. I am way excited for the holiday season... can't wait to put up the Christmas tree and to sing carols with the family. Everything seems happier to me during the winter. And snuggling up in a blanket with a huge mug of hot cocoa... the best.

I think my favorite thing about the snowy season though is the memories... My favorite is when I lived in Mona with the family... All my friends and I would get together during the first snow storm of the season... preferrably at night, and we would walk all over town... talking about everything... laughing... singing our favorite carols and just being young and alive... Some of my favorite times were spent freezing with the crew... miss the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment